Nov 9, 2009

Celebrity vs Model?

As I turned the very first page of this month's Vogue, I came across one of the latest ad campaigns for Chanel's new handbag line 'Chanel Coco Cocoon' - Karl Lagerfeld chose and shot Lily Allen to launch this campaign and while there is no disbelief of her looking very beautiful and all, it made me realise that I am somewhat 'tired' of seeing celebs in high fashion ad campaigns - Admittedly I do have a predisposed opinion due to the passion I have for Models..... but in all honesty I believe Models, with all their extraordinary attributes, be it alien-like looks or gorgeous long limbs, personify high fashion and it just isn't quite satisfying enough to see a celebrity in that realm..... these days you see Madonna for Louis Vuitton, Keira Knightley for Chanel, Emma Watson for Burberry, Sienna Miller for Hugo Boss, Victoria Beckham for Emporio Armani and I could go on, but I wonder, wouldn't you want to see more high fashion models in high fashion magazines? -
Well that is just "my" opinion....
x



?

No comments:

Post a Comment