Apr 30, 2010

Givenchy.... was almost over you then....

Sometimes in life, you just have to accept that not every 'so-hot-right-now' item you long for will somehow end up in your wardrobe. I mean, I can go on for years if I was to sit here and talk about every single item I have seen in Vogue or Harper's that I have wanted so bad I would just about sell my soul to the devil if I could so much as wear it for one night. Of course you could go out and buy the rip-off version and own it like it was the real deal ("what you mean these look fake?"), but let’s face it, we all feel a bit payless when you are strutting down the street in your wana-be Chloe's or your imposter Gucci's and then you spot someone wearing what looks like the real thing.

This year I have been a little over the fakies and of course I still can't afford the designer must-haves, so I have been spending most of my money on vintage beauties that I know I can afford and know no one else will be wearing. Thanks to my lovely tailor who transforms my vintage finds to look like pieces of the current trend, I look and feel pretty unique and stylish (if I do say so myself).

Today however I was running an errand and walked past the Belinda store in the MLC building. If this were a time to allow silly abbreviations on this blog (which I swore to myself I just wouldn't do) this would be a definite OMG moment. I spotted the Givenchy blazer that I fell in love with when it was featured in countless magazines (I think it was UK Elle that I first spotted it in) a few months ago. I knew this was an “Amahhzing” (channelling Rachel Zoe) jacket and one that would make you feel like a million bucks. It looks even better in real life! I went from walking with a little pep in my step (TGI Friday walk) to looking like I was going for a part to play Droopy Dog. Why oh why I ask? I guess I will have to find something this weekend to cover that big hole I now have in my heart, and I guess, make one in my wallet? hmmm.

Love you Givenchy.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment