Apr 14, 2010

More Dash than Cash - Vogue

After discussing fashion magazines with a group of girls a couple weeks ago, I learned that a lot of girls (aged early to mid twenties) do not buy Vogue Australia because it doesn't provide them with fashion items at "affordable" prices. Whilst looking at all the pretty pictures of expensive clothing can be inspiring, they would much prefer a magazine that allows them to go and purchase what they see.

I believe there are countless magazines that provide you with that sort of thing if that is what you are after, and without getting into specifics I don't really bother buying those magazines (well definitely not as often as Vogue of course).

I have to point out that it is for that exact reason I buy Vogue every month without fail. I enjoy losing myself in a fantasy land of 'High End Fashion', fashion that isn't at arm's reach, fashion that can only inspire me.

UK Vogue have a section called 'More Dash Than Cash" which is a spread featuring fashion items the readers can afford to buy from chain stores such as Top Shop and the like (I am a big Top Shop Fan). Until March this year we did not have this section in our Vogue so I guess it comes to no surprise that Kirstie Clements has now decided to make it a permanent feature. I am sure a lot of girls are happy with this new change and will soon be buying Vogue on a regular basis. At first I was not so pleased. I guess because the first introduction to this new feature had items from stores I wouldn't dare step in (for fear of looking tacky or cheap) and Vogue has always been my bible of inspiration, it simply didn't make sense to have these items in my Vogue (yes I take these things very seriously).

This month however was much better. Featuring items that I would definitely buy and the styling was impressive and chic, with a yummy mix of winter must-haves. Does that mean I should now write to apologise for my blunt letter to Vogue regarding the first feature? Oops. Sorry! I love you!

love x

No comments:

Post a Comment