Oct 7, 2009

Spring / Summer 2010 - Mish Mash xxx

Marc by Marc Jacobs

Girls just wana have fun!...
This collection had me stepping into a world of a quirky young girl in the 80's attending a party with the 'in-crowd' - with a fresh eclectic blend of colours, patterns, styles and fabrics it left me wondering, is there anything Jacobs can't do?

I have always loved his work starting from clothes, fragrances to jewellery...

Clearly steering away from his last spring collection which had a very nautical feel, this collection was like dipping into a wacky world on wonders.

Colours were brighter then ever, prints were bolder and the skirts and shorts were worn higher on the waist - nipped and tucked.

Yeh so it may not be everybody's cup of tea and it may be an overabundance of plaids, stripes, prints and colour, but I know I like to play Alice stumbling into a world of wonderland every now and again - I'm not letting the Queen of Hearts take this fantasy away!


Charlotte Ronson

Coming from a family of Artists, it's no wonder Charlotte Ronson has this power of creativity, having one sister as the DJ of the show and another on the runway!

Using shades of soft blue and dusty pinks splashed with a hit of black and grey, these looks were very modern and structured - simple but very effective. Ronson accentuated the waist by using leather sashes tied into a knot at the front or a studded 80's style belt.
The way Ronson mixed leather, frills, lace and tough fabrics led me to believe that she truly knows what a girl would love to feel like in her clothes; soft, pretty yet strong and powerful.

Also, the chignon and natural make up is always a winner in my eyes.

Boy by Band of Outsiders

Coming from the movie business, Scott Sternberg loves a set - and for this collection he created an eye catching beachy set using sand dunes, hammocks and radio controlled toy boats floating in miniature lakes. "Malibu in the seventies" he called it.

I am still loving the 'boyfriend blazer' and I liked the way he used it with many different looks, one of which i liked very much was with cuffed shorts, a printed dress shirt and sandals.

"Bringing LA to New York"


DKNY

I must admit I haven't really been that much into Donna Karan, but I particularly loved the very feminine feel to this DKNY collection. The mix of prints and colours are very sassy and cool - definitely hitting my wish list was the sequined top and printed trousers worn by Chanel Iman. This beautiful print which Donna Karan has used is called Urban Garden -using colourful blooms over khaki and navy executed in a very sexy and relaxed way - a look that is effortless and cool. A few other looks which I think were perfected using 'statement' pieces were the sparkly blazer worn over a red and black striped one piece and the beautiful coloured urban garden playsuit.

Alexander Wang

This collection proved that Denim and Khaki will always make a come back... it was very different to Wang's last spring collection (having used lots of colours and art deco pastels) but I must say this particular feel of American Sportswear meets Safari girl definitely caught my eye.

The 'cut-out' looks always intrigue me and using these tricky colours and fabrics I think is very brave, I like the use of the leopard mules with knee length socks. I wouldn't particularly wear something that looks like men's sports underwear as a top, but somehow it was put together effortlessly and looks incredibly "downtown chic".

No comments:

Post a Comment